Have you ever wanted to take live screenshots of a group of PCs to see what is going on? I’ve created a PHP script that teams up with a few remote control applications that does it for you!
- Instant screenshots of remote PCs
- Refresh any PC’s image with 1 click
- Shows currently logged on username
- Searches Active Directory for user’s information and displays full name and other custom fields
- Fully configurable and customizable
Here is a list of what you need to download:
After downloading all of the software, follow these steps:
- Install WampServer to the default folders and options
- Left click the new WampServer icon in your tray and select “Put Online”
- Again, left click the new WampServer icon in your tray, choose PHP -> PHP Settings -> Uncheck “Display Errors”
- Go to start, click Run…, type in “services.msc” and hit enter. Scroll all of the way down until you find “wampapache”. Double click on it to bring up the properties window.
- Change the startup type to “Automatic”, then click the Log On tab. Select “This account” and enter in the credentials of a user with proper remote execution rights on the domain.
- Hit OK to close the properties window, right click on the “wampapache” service and choose restart. Close the Services window
- Extract PsTools.zip into the C:\Windows\System32 folder. Overwrite any existing files. Run PsExec.exe and click agree on the EULA.
- Install IrfanView, after installing, copy the i_view32.exe executable and paste it into the system32 folder.
- Open up an explorer window and browse to “C:\wamp\www” and delete the index.php file.
- Extract the contents of the “PHPSS.zip” file into the “C:\wamp\www” folder
- Use your favorite text editor and open up “index.php”. Lines 10-30 are made to be easily configurable to fit your network’s structure. Make sure you change the computer naming scheme to work with yours.
- Start up a web browser and point to http://localhost and try it out! Comment and let me know how it goes 🙂